Garvin D. Cobb
Joe Denoyer - April 5, 2020 4:11 pm
Garvin D. Cobb, 81, passed away peacefully on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at the Meade District Hospital in Meade, Kansas after a fight with cancer. He was born April 17, 1938, in Dodge City, to Otto Nathaniel and Emma B. (Hogue) Cobb.
Garvin graduated in 1957 from Plains High School in Plains, Kansas. After graduation, he went to work with his father for Standard Oil, where he delivered bulk fuel and oil. Garvin married his sweetheart, Karen K. Fox, on August 20, 1960 in Plains. After leaving Standard Oil, he went to work for Western Power, and in 1975 he began working for Warren Angell on his farm, where he spent most of his career. After retiring from working on the farm, he and Karen moved to Meade. Garvin began working for the City of Meade, where he did the mowing and upkeep of the beautiful park and other areas of Meade. When he wasn’t working, he enjoyed watching all kinds of sports on the TV. He particularly enjoyed watching the KU Jayhawks (his favorite college basketball team), the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Kansas City Royals. Garvin would often be seen walking around Meade with Karen and helping her care for their beautiful yard. He will be remembered by friends and family as a kind, laid-back man, and a wonderful father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Garvin is survived by his wife of nearly sixty years; Karen, and children, Ginger Borth (John), and Jamey Cobb (Betty); grandchildren: Trenten Cobb, Kaleigh Chapman (Roy), Devenie Ross (Kyle) and Jagger Borth; and one great grandchild, Tidus Cobb; two sisters, Cheryl Carson, Liberal, KS and Judith Hendricks (Bruce) Henderson, NV; a sister-in-law, Ellen Cobb, Springs, TX; nieces and nephews: Larry Cobb, Kari Furman, Dina White, Michael Carson, Jennifer Pittman, Renae Steele, Stacey Chambliss; and many great nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his parents; his two brothers, Gary and Garth; and a brother-in-law Dave Carson.
A private family burial will be held in Plains, KS.
Memorials may be given to the Meade District Hospital in care of Fidler-Orme-Bachman Mortuary.