Liberal, KS

Now: 66 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 68 °F | Lo: 36 °F

Sunday

Hi: 61 °F 

Lo: 36 °F

Monday

Hi: 71 °F 

Lo: 35 °F

Tuesday

Hi: 73 °F 

Lo: 45 °F

Wednesday

Hi: 66 °F 

Lo: 31 °F

Thursday

Hi: 50 °F 

Lo: 24 °F

Water Heating Element To Blame In Carbon Monoxide Incident

KSCB News - December 10, 2012 3:37 pm

A Greensburg hotel has reopened after carbon monoxide exposure sent more than 30 people to a hospital where they were treated and released.

Sunday’s incident caused a brief evacuation of the Best Western Inn & Suites in Greensburg.

Kiowa County Sheriff Kendal Lothman said Monday that several children had got out of the hotel swimming pool with dilated eyes and difficulty breathing.

Lothman says the children had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide believed to result from a water heater failing to vent properly. Guests were allowed back in their rooms later Sunday, but the pool area remains closed until the problem is fixed.

Hotel manager Ron Wright said Monday he was thankful nobody was seriously hurt.

 

Latest Stories

Old West Coming to the Coronado

Sunday, November 17th Seward County Historical Society will have the pleasure of opening a Lidia Hook-Gray...

SCCC, DCCC, and GCCC Presidents Meet, Discuss Eco-Devo, Innovation

Rural development and prosperity depend on collaboration, and locally-driven workforce education through community colleges. That was...

KDOT Consult Meetings Coming to Liberal

A series of regional meetings in 2019 are giving Kansans the opportunity to help shape the...