Boil Water Advisory for Liberal Water System
Joe Denoyer - November 28, 2017 4:37 pm
The City of Liberal has issued a boil water advisory for the public water supply located in the City Liberal, Seward County.
The BWA was issued due to temporarily shutting the water off on North Jordan to connect the new water line on 8th Street.
This only affects North Jordan from 7th Street to 10th Street and is only a precaution for your safety.
The advisory took effect on November 28th, 2017 and will remain in effect until conditions which place the system at risk of contamination are adequately resolved.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
• Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use boiled water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
• Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cutes or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
• If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
Regardless of whether it’s the supplier or KDHE that announces a boil water advisory, KDHE will issue the rescind order following testing a certified laboratory.