Southwest Kansas is the Place to Hunt Pheasant in 2016 and 2017
Joe Denoyer - October 27, 2016 3:48 pm
Dodge City, Garden City, Hugoton, Jetmore and Liberal (Ford, Finney, Stevens, Hodgeman and Seward Counties) are pleased to announce the second annual pheasant hunting contest.
During this year’s hunting season, 250 Pheasants will be banded on the leg and released in Ford County, near Dodge City; in Finney County, near Garden city; in Hodgeman County near Jetmore; in Seward County near Liberal; and in Stevens County near Hugoton. If you are lucky enough to bag one of the Banded Pheasants, bring your leg band to one of the approved locations to register your leg band and claim your prize!
Kansas consistently ranks as one of the top three when compared to other states’ annual harvests of pheasants, and with 185,000 acres of walk in hunting land that is open to hunters in southwest Kansas, this area will give you a shot at Cash and FIVE GRAND PRIZES.
Once you bring in the leg band, and get it registered, you will automatically receive a Rooster Roundup Hat and a $10.00 community prize.
At that time, your leg band will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE of $500.00 in Community Gift Certificate “Bucks” from each community, to be used for purchases of the Winners Choice in each community.
The Rooster Roundup Pheasant Contest runs from November 12th 2016 to January 31st 2017.
If your bagged bird has a leg band, you must bring the leg band to one of the approved locations to register your band and claim your prize!
Drawing for the Grand Prize will take place at the end of the contest (January 31st 2017) Winners will be contacted by phone. Prize winners will be announced at that time.
For a complete list of the rules for the contest, visit www.visitliberal.org , or contact the Convention and Visitors Bureau at 620-626-0170, or any of the other participating communities.
It’s all in the game- give it a shot!
- Rooster Roundup Hat per each registered leg band (TOTAL of 250- 50 per community)
- $10.00 Community Gift Certificate ‘Bucks’ per each registered leg band (TOTAL of 250- 50 per community)
- $500.00 Community Gift Certificate ‘Bucks’ (TOTAL of 5 -1 per community)
Rules & Regulations
- 250 Banded Pheasants will be released in Ford County, near Dodge City, Kansas, in Finney County, near Garden City Kansas, Stevens County near Hugoton, in Hodgeman County, near Jetmore Kansas, and Seward County near Liberal.
- No cost to enter. All licensed hunters, 18 and older, are welcome to participate and collect prizes.
- Entries accepted from November 14th 2015 through January 31st 2016.
- Each leg band entry must be turned in at one of the approved location in Dodge City, Garden City, Hugoton, Jetmore, or Liberal to be registered.
- A number is assigned to each leg band, the Grand Prize winner will be revealed the week following the contests end- January 31st 2017.
- A valid hunting license should be presented when submitting your leg band entry.
- All State and Federal Firearms Regulations Apply.
Banded Pheasant entries must be turned at the following locations:
Dodge City Visitors Center
400 West Wyatt Earp
Dodge City KS 67801
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 am- 5:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday and Christmas and New Year’s Day
Finney County Convention and Visitors Bureau
1513 Fulton Terrace
Garden City KS 67846
Hours of Operation: Monday– Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, and Christmas and New Year’s Day
HorseThief Reservoir (HTR)
19005 SW Hwy 156
Jetmore KS 67854
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 am -4:00 pm
(See Tanner Greve or Heather Mihm)
Hodgeman County Eco Devo Office (HCED)
500 Main – 1st Floor
Jetmore KS 67854
Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm or call on weekends
(See Lea Ann Seiler)
Stevens County Economic Development/Hugoton Area Chamber of Commerce Office
630 S Main
Hugoton KS 67951
Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, The day before Christmas and Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Liberal Tourist Information Center
1 Yellow Brick Road
Liberal KS 67901
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am -4:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and the following Friday, and Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Mailed entries will also be accepted, (it is recommended to register the letter) please include:
- The Pheasant Leg Band
- Copy of Valid Hunting License
- Email address
- Location of the shoot
- Bands will be returned to the person who registered the entry at the end of the contest.
The mission of the Convention and Visitors Bureau is to promote Dodge City and the area’s resources and assets to bring prospective tourists and convention and travel business to Dodge City.
For more information concerning the Rooster Roundup Hunting Contest, please contact Sally Fuller, Liberal CVB Director, at 620-626-0170 or visit www.visitliberal.com