Liberal, KS

Now: 67 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 67 °F | Lo: 65 °F

Friday

Hi: 91 °F 

Lo: 65 °F

Saturday

Hi: 85 °F 

Lo: 64 °F

Sunday

Hi: 90 °F 

Lo: 59 °F

Monday

Hi: 84 °F 

Lo: 58 °F

Tuesday

Hi: 89 °F 

Lo: 63 °F

Fire In Guymon Started By Faulty Wiring in Chair

KSCB News - September 1, 2010 12:00 am

A neighborhood, in the 1200 block of North Oklahoma, in Guymon, was awakened around 8 a.m. by the sound of sirens.

A normally quite street, the commotion brought neighbors quickly outside. Smoke noticeably filled the air on the north end of the block.

The fire apparently started from a medical lift chair, possibly due to faulty electrical wiring in the chair. The resident was reportedly sitting in the chair and felt it getting hot. She quickly left the house and called 911.

According to Assistant Fire Chief, Dean McFadden, “There was heavy smoke upon arrival.”

Emergency personnel blocked off the street as firefighters entered the residence with the hose.

McFadden said, “We did an aggressive interior attack and got it knocked down pretty quick.”

Firefighters removed what was left of the charred lift chair from the house and into the front yard.

McFadden reported that there was not a lot of fire damage, however, there was smoke damage through out the whole house.

No injuries were reported.

 

Latest Stories

Seymour Rogers Middle School Seeks Band Instruments

Seymour Rogers Middle School has seen an influx of students who have taken an interest in...

Cast Set for SCCC’s Fall Performance of “Steel Magnolias”

LIBERAL, Kan. – The cast is set for the fall performance of “Steel Magnolias.” Director Michele...

Cimarron County Crash Injures New Mexico Woman

An injury accident occurred September 16 at approximately 4:00pm on US 56 Highway, approximately 6 miles...