The Seward County Board of County Commissioners and City of Liberal Commissioners will hold a Joint Special Meeting
Joe Denoyer - February 1, 2022 4:58 pm
The Seward County Board of County Commissioners and City of Liberal Commissioners will hold a Joint Special Meeting on Friday, February 4th, at 3:30 p.m. in the County Commission Chambers, 515 N. Washington Ave., Liberal, KS 67901.
This meeting is being held in regards to The Building a Stronger Economy (BASE) Grant. The application process went live yesterday and applications must be submitted by February 28, 2022 for consideration.
The Building a Stronger Economy (BASE) Grant will provide an application for funding on the following items:
- Development of new business parks
- Development of infrastructure required to support business expansions
- Renovation of existing business parks to bring them up to modern standards
- Development of infrastructure such as railroad spurs, water, wastewater, stormwater and other utilities
- Commercial driveway aprons
- Business park signage
- Parking facilities directly associated with business attraction projects
- Speculative industrial office and residential space
- Development of infrastructure related to cybersecurity investments
This is an opportunity for the City and County, along with the Seward County Development Corporation, to join together on projects to benefit our community and look at the funding resources available.