TCEC members fund donations to 9 local organizations
Joe Denoyer - July 19, 2021 4:15 pm
Operation Round Up program gives back to the community
TCEC’s member-supported Operation Round Up program recently awarded $14,500 to nine local organizations through the TCEC Foundation. Operation Round Up is a program where members voluntarily have their electric bill rounded up to an even dollar amount. Together, that small change adds up to make a big difference throughout the TCEC service area.
The TCEC Foundation approved donations to the following programs at its July board meeting.
- $2,500 to the Guymon Firefighters Club Stop the Bleed program
- $500 to the Beaver County Pioneer Library reading program
- $1,400 to the Texas County Stock Show cattle scales project
- $2,500 to the Beaver FFA Greenhouse project
- $2,500 to the Dr. W.F. & Mada Dunaway Manor of Guymon new chiller project
- $1,000 to the Texas County Oklahoma Home and Education Group tote bags for foster kids project
- $2,100 to the No Man’s Land Museum windows replacement
- $1,000 to the Tyrone Senior Citizens meal program
- $1,000 to the Texhoma Rotary Club baseball field renovations
The TCEC Foundation board of directors meets quarterly to review applications for funds. Applications are due October 1 for consideration at the next meeting on October 13. The program was established with the simple mission of giving funds for charitable purposes in the TCEC service area. Visit www.tcec.coop/oru for more information.