Take Down DUI Campaign to Begin
Joe Denoyer - December 25, 2021 9:36 pm
Beginning around December 26, and continuing through January 2nd, local Police and Sheriff Departments will join many other law enforcement agencies across the state, including the Kansas Highway Patrol, in the
Taking Down DUI traffic enforcement campaign.
In comparison with other holidays, the New Year’s Holiday period outranks most of the other holidays in number of crashes in which at least one of the drivers is impaired by alcohol and/or other drugs.
– If you’ve had anything to drink, do not drive, don’t get behind the wheel. Call a cab, call a friend, use ride-share, whatever you do, do not drive while under the influence of alcohol. Have a sober ride lined up BEFORE you
– Remember, these crashes do not just affect the impaired driver- these crashes involve others that share the vehicle and road with us including passengers, other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
– Impaired driving crashes are completely preventable. These crashes and arrests affect your family.
– A DUI will change your life forever. DUls can wreak havoc on your life and bank account.
– Keep in mind that if you are going to be using
ANY impairing substance- don’t even consider driving. Line up a ride with a sober acquaintance or other safe transportation BEFORE you go out.
On the drive to zero, you are in the driver’s seat.
To report Drivers Under the Influence please contact your local Law Enforcement Center or call 911.