OSBI Investigating Officer Involved Shooting In Texas County
Joe Denoyer - May 2, 2022 3:01 pm
OSBI INVESTIGATING OFFICER INVOLVED SHOOTING IN TEXAS COUNTY
*** The following update is based on an active and ongoing investigation. The OSBI’s initial understanding of the facts and circumstances may evolve over the course of the investigation as witnesses are interviewed and evidence is collected and analyzed. Upon completion of the OSBI investigation, agents will submit a report summarizing their investigation to the District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney will determine whether or not to file charges.
TEXAS COUNTY, Oklahoma (May 2, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation received a request from the Texas County Sheriff’s Office to investigate an officer-involved-shooting in the county last night.
Based on the OSBI’s initial investigation, this is what is known at this time:
• The Hooker Police Department attempted to make a traffic stop at approximately 7:12 p.m.
• The vehicle was driven by Scott Osborn, 47.
• Osborn led officers on a short pursuit that ended at the intersection of Jefferson Street and Panhandle Street in Hooker.
• Osborn got out of his vehicle armed with a gun.
• A standoff began that lasted nearly three hours.
• Officers attempted to negotiate with Osborn, who would not comply with instructions to put the weapon down.
• At this point, the Hooker Police Department, Texas County Sheriff’s Office, District One District Attorney’s Task Force and Goodwell Police Department are all on the scene.
• Osborn eventually pointed his weapon at the officers and shots were fired.
• He was transported to Texas County Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The investigation is ongoing. There is no additional information to be released at this time.