Mobile Home Fire In Guymon
KSCB News - October 13, 2014 10:17 pm
A Service call to Tri-County Electric resulted in the Fire Department responding to a mobile home fire.
Sunday afternoon at 4:52pm, Guymon Firefighters were called to 45 Joyce Drive for a reported structure fire. On first fire unit arrival, they found smoking coming from the back portion of this mobile home. Firefighters were met by a representative from Tri-County Electric that stated they were called to this residence by the occupants for electrical problems. “When the Tri-County representative arrived, he quickly found the problem not just to be electrical in the home but there was a fire in the mobile home as well alerting him to call the Fire Department immediately”, said Assistant Fire Chief Grant Wadley. Firefighters arrived quickly and contained the fire to an area in the back of the mobile home inside the wall. Extensive damage from the fire to the electrical breaker box and wiring leading into the box occurred. Power was immediately shut off to the home and firefighters extinguished the fire within 5 minutes of their arrival.
“The occupants of the home were out of the house on Fire Department’s arrival with no one injured”, Wadley stated. No damage to the interior of the home such as smoke or water damage occurred. The mobile home will be without electricity until proper repairs can occur.
Guymon Fire Department was assisted by Tri-County Electric and the Guymon Police Department.