KDHE Amends Travel Quarantine List
Joe Denoyer - May 20, 2021 1:43 pm
TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has amended its travel quarantine list to include Maine, 12 counties in Colorado and the countries of Costa Rica, French Guiana, Georgia, Lithuania and the Netherlands. Several states and countries have been removed from the list, including eight Colorado counties. These changes are effective today, May 20.
A comprehensive list of those individuals needing to quarantine includes visitors and Kansans who have:
- Traveled on or after May 20 to Maine or the Colorado counties of Alamosa, Baca, Costilla, Dolores, Mesa, Mineral, Otero, Prowers, Rio Grande, Saguache, Sedgwick or Yuma.
- Traveled on or after May 20 to the countries of Costa Rica, French Guiana, Georgia, Lithuania or the Netherlands.
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the Colorado counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Conejos, Crowley, Douglas, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Larimer or Pueblo.
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the countries of Cabo Verde, India, Maldives or Seychelles.
- Traveled on or after April 22 to Minnesota or the countries of Argentina, Bahrain or Sweden.
- Traveled on or after April 8 to the country of Uruguay.
- Traveled between May 6 to May 20 to the Colorado counties of Bent, City and County of Denver, Chaffee, Lake, Park, Phillips, Rio Blanco or San Juan.
- Traveled between April 22 and May 20 to Croatian, Cyprus or Turkey.
- Traveled between April 8 and May 20 to Pennsylvania.
- Traveled between March 26 and May 20 to Delaware, Michigan or Rhode Island.
- Traveled between March 12 and May 20 to the State of Palestine.
- Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020.
The travel quarantine period is seven days with a negative test result or 10 days without testing, with release from quarantine on Day 8 and Day 11, respectively. Further information on quarantine periods can be found on KDHE’s website.