KDHE Amends Travel Quarantine List
Joe Denoyer - November 17, 2020 1:04 pm
States, countries removed
TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has removed two states and three countries from its travel quarantine list: North Dakota, South Dakota, Andorra, Belgium and Czechia. Those who have travelled during the below dates, as well as those who have been on a cruise or attended any out-of-state mass gatherings with 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance and wear masks, will need to quarantine.
This list is effective for all persons returning to or entering Kansas on the effective dates.
- Traveled to or from South Dakota between November 4 – November 17.
- Traveled to or from Belgium and Czechia between November 4 – November 17.
- Traveled to or from North Dakota between October 21 – November 17.
- Traveled to or from the country of Andorra between October 21 – November 17.
- Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15.
“The removal of states from our list isn’t cause for celebration,” said Dr. Lee Norman, KDHE Secretary. “We base our list on new case rates by population size and unfortunately, Kansas’ numbers are increasing significantly. Practice social distancing, wear a mask, stay home if you’re sick, avoid large gatherings. Each one of us is responsible for our actions.”