Guymon’s Edenborough Named Administrator of the Year
Joe Denoyer - May 9, 2022 1:15 pm
The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Julie Edenborough of Guymon Public Schools as the 2022 OASA District #1 Assistant Superintendent/Central Office Administrator of the Year. Edenborough will be recognized at the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA) Summer Leadership Conference on June 7-9, 2022.
OASA annually recognizes outstanding administrators who:
• demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration
• have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education
• can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others
• have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job
• have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level
• have made contributions to educational administration
“Assistant Superintendents and Central Office Administrators play vital roles in promoting best practices that lead to the highest standards of student achievement, including best practices in instructional excellence, financial and budget integrity, efficient facility and transportation operations and fostering community support”, said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “These leaders support the leadership team, the superintendent and the district as a whole. “Julie Edenborough is among the best of Oklahoma administrators. We are excited and proud to recognize these outstanding leaders.”
OASA has 20 Districts that consist of multiple counties. Eligible OASA members are nominated and selected by their peers in their OASA District.
Mrs. Edenborough has been an educator for 33 years with 28 years in the Guymon School system. She graduated from Oklahoma Panhandle State University with a degree of Bachelor of Arts in Education. Edenborough received her degree of Master of Science in Education from Indiana University.
“I am honored to be selected for this award,” Edenborough said. “I have been very fortunate to be able to serve Guymon Public Schools (my alma mater) for nearly 3 decades and as the Director of Federal Programs, I have the opportunity to influence programming that enhances the lives of our students. I am proud to work beside an amazing, committed staff who are determined to educate, embrace, and empower students. It is a great day to be Guymon Tiger.”
Visit the CCOSA website to see past Administrator of the Year Awardees. For more information about OASA and CCOSA, please visit www.ccosa.org.