GCEF Celebrates 30 Years Supporting Charitable Clients
Joe Denoyer - April 30, 2023 9:17 pm
The Guymon Community Enrichment Foundation (GCEF) was formed to provide a better living environment for the residents of Guymon, Oklahoma and surrounding areas. The Foundation accepts donations on behalf of an organization not tax-exempt by the IRS to meet the shortages and gaps in opportunities for the community’s education, health, culture and development. The Foundation acts as a pass-through organization to allow another organization to receive the donations allowing individuals, business corporations and other foundations to contribute resources and funds towards improving the community.
GCEF and its clients actively seek opportunities for recreation and education for youth, safe environments free of fear of abuse, programs for the elderly, other cultural events and facilitating educational activities and historic preservation. GCEF cooperates with other organizations and utilizes opportunities to promote its mission for this community.
Overview of projects backed by GCEF
● Christmas Cheer for Children
● Oklahoma Panhandle Partners
● Sister to Sister – Hand Up for Women
● Guymon Fire Fighters – Ongoing Projects
● Jim Hitch Memorial Golf Tournament
● School Supplies
● Summer Sports Leagues
● Safe Biking Routes
● At-Risk Youth
● Leadership Guymon – Dueling Pianos
Preservation of Culture
● Historical Celebrations
● Seven Days of Broadway Theater Camp
● Livin Green – Living Healthy
● Give Kids a Smile Day
● Children’s Health Fair
Building and Equipment Projects
● Regional Health Care – PCHC
● Texas County Memorial Hospital
● Fire Departments – Cimarron, Texas and Beaver Counties
● Sheltered Assisted Living Facilities
● Oakes of Mamre – Homeless Shelter
● Heritage Community – Elder Facilities
● Loaves and Fishes – Food Pantry
● Park and School Playground Upgrades
Where do the funds come from?
● Project Donations
● Retained Earnings
● Tax Deductible IRS 501(c) (3)
● Keeps your community attractive and progressive to attract new progressive citizens.
● Keeps your community healthy.
● Keeps your community culture awareness
● Funds benefit the community.
Why use GCEF?
● Reduces paperwork and bank accounts for one-time or ongoing fundraisers
● Allows volunteers to focus their passion on the purpose
● GCEF provides ongoing reporting, record-keeping requirements for nonprofits, and IRS reporting
● Helps unincorporated organizations reduce the risk of the personal assets of board members, volunteers, or others at risk
Contact GCEF by visiting www.guymoncef.org or emailing [email protected]