11th Annual Community Health Fair Draws Large Crowd
Joe Denoyer - October 10, 2019 11:09 am
On behalf of the Southwest Medical Center team, we would like to thank everyone
involved in our annual Health Fair, which was held Saturday, Oct. 5 at the Seward County Activity Center.
The event was once again a huge success, attracting a large number of community residents who took the opportunity to ask health care questions, receive free health screenings and learn more about services available
SWMC partnered with more than 50 community organizations and county agencies, as well as numerous local businesses to provide up-to-date information on a variety of health-related services. This event not only provides a great opportunity to reach out to our community members but also the opportunity to highlight all the
wonderful organizations, which serve this area.
This event was generously sponsored by Apollo Medflight, Equity Bank, The Midland Group, Southern Office Supply, Community Bank, Cimarron Veteran and First Responders and Seward County Broadcasting.
We would like to thank everyone who helped put together this year’s health fair and those who attended. A special thanks to the Seward County Event Center staff for being great hosts and providing the perfect venue for this important outreach event.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next October. Please check out our Facebook Page “Southwest
Medical Center” for pictures of the event.
Screenings Performed at the 2019 Health Fair
• 800 Lab Screenings (number will continue to increase due to employee lab screenings)
• 94 Spirometry/Pulse Oximetry Exams (Respiratory Therapy)
• 26 Ortho Exams (Dr. Desai & Kawtharani)
• 18 Prostate Exams (Dr. Darwiche)
• 100 Oral Cancer Screenings (First Dental)
• 115 Clinical Breast Exams (Tori Underwood APRN-C, Britt Short APRN-C, Kate Mulligan)
• 105 Skin Cancer Screenings (Dr. Mona Rane)
• 105 Vision Tests (Lions Club)
• 104 Hearing Tests (Lions Club)
• 99 Finger Stick Blood Glucose Exams (Lions Club)
• 150 Blood Pressure Exams