Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Friday, 27 February 2015
Login |  Register 
***BREAKING NEWS***    No School Friday at USD 210 Hugoton and 209 Moscow While Meade and Satanta School Run Two Hours Late    ***
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
Friday
Low  14°
High 22°
Saturday
Low  26°
High 34°
Sunday
Low  19°
High 35°
Monday
Low  38°
High 48°
Tuesday
Low  15°
High 55°
Wednesday
Low  13°
High 31°
Thursday
Low  23°
High 50°
Current Temperature in Liberal KS is 12°  
KSCB Radio News US National Business Health & Science Political World Sports Top NPR Headlines Sports National Headlines
Guymon Firefigthers Responded To A Call Of Smoke In A House
03/14/2010

Guymon Firefighters were called to 718 NE. 16th at 1:25pm Friday afternoon for reported smoke in a house. On Firefighters first arrival, they found light smoke coming from inside the home and out the front door.

"The home owner, Billy Coldiron, was at home at the time and was assisted out of the house by a city bus driver and a Guymon Police officer just before Firefighters arrived on the scene", said Assistant Fire Chief Grant Wadley. The fire started in a bedroom in which a lamp fell onto the floor on top of clothing materials which began to smolder. Smoke then began to build in the room and eventually escape down the hall. Before the home owner got out of the house, the light was unplugged from the wall and left I the room. Firefighters were quickly able to extinguish and remove the smoldering items and removed the smoke completely out of the house.

Mr. Coldiron was assessed by Fire Department Paramedics at the scene and required no treatment. "The house did not sustain any physical damage and was deemed safe for the owner to return back into", stated Assistant Chief Wadley. The lamp that caused the fire was recovered and found to have been destroyed from the excessive heat. Fire officials removed the lamp from the home. Estimated damage is $100.00. Fire and Police officials remained on scene assisting the home owner.

Guymon Fire Department responded with 2 Fire engines, 1 EMS unit, and assisted by Guymon Police, City Public Works employees, and Guymon Emergency Management.

© Copyright KSCB News
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Monday School Closings and Delays- no school at Tyrone, Meade, Plains/Kismet, Turpin,Sublette, Forgan, Goodwell, Stanton County, Rolla, and SCCC/ATS
LHS Freshman Passes Away After Long Battle With Cancer
Local Middle and High Schools Students Honored With Closing Reception
Car Crashes into Semi West of Plains
LHS Hosts Homecoming with a Pink Theme Saturday
Kansas Teacher Of the Year (KTOY) 2015 Team In Liberal
Liquor Bill Passes Committee
College Goal Sunday has been cancelled today due to weather. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
Saturday's High School Basketball Scores
Bullpen Blows Leads and Midland Sweeps Seward
Click Here For All Stories

LATEST STORIES
Redskins Hold On to Beat Dodge City
Lady Skins Struggle to Score in DC Loss
Thursday's Scores
LHS Wrestling Interviews  
No School Friday at USD 210 Hugoton and 209 Moscow While Meade and Satanta School Run Two Hours Late
26th Annual Area High School Art Exhibit at The Baker Arts Center
Rep. Francis Carries Bill To House Floor
City Begins Willow Tree Golf Course Improvements
2015 Booster Club Showdown This Friday
Seward Rally Too Little and Too Late in Hutchinson
Click Here For All Stories
Click Here for KSCB Talk Radio 1270 am
Click Here for B107.5
Click Here for The Legend 102.7
click Here for ozzBlog
Click Here for the Emergency Alert Hanbook

©2015 Seward County Broadcasting Company, Inc.
1410 N. Western Ave. Liberal, KS 67901

Emergency Alert System | EEO Public Report Form | The Public and Broadcasting

Powered by Radio Media Group