Friday, 27 February 2015
Login |  Register 
***Closings***    Elkhart *** ***BREAKING NEWS***    Liberal PD: Emergency Accident Reporting in Force    ***
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
Friday
Low  12°
High 18°
Saturday
Low  25°
High 32°
Sunday
Low  20°
High 34°
Monday
Low  34°
High 47°
Tuesday
Low  14°
High 53°
Wednesday
Low  14°
High 32°
Thursday
Low  24°
High 50°
Current Temperature in Liberal KS is 12°  
KSCB Radio News US National Business Health & Science Political World Sports Top NPR Headlines Sports National Headlines
City Of Liberal Fiscally In Great Shape
09/23/2009

The City of Liberal commissioners met last night for their regularly scheduled meeting at 6:30pm in the City Commission Chambers and heard a report from Dustin Ormiston and Steve Rice with Hay, Rice, and Associates. In an unqualified opinion after completing the audit of the city, Dustin Ormiston stated that fiscally the City of Liberal is doing very well and is in excellent shape. He also said city staff was very cooperative, and is doing a good job. The commission approved the 2008 audit and entered into a contract with Hay, Rice, and Associates for the 2009 audit. In other action items, the commission voted to accept an FAA Grant to do a wildlife study at the airport. The study will be conducted by USDA and will take thirteen months to complete. This grant is funded 95% by the FAA with the city funding the other 5%. Total grant amount is $48,484.00 with the city's portion of this at $2,424.00. This study is being done as required by the FAA due to a bird being hit by an airplane at the Liberal airport. The commission also approved the purchase of a crack sealing melter in the amount of $31,291.00. This will allow the city to fix cracks in city streets on a regular basis, and enhance the city's already annual crack sealing program. The city also made board appointments to the Diversity council,, and approved the purchase of a pick up for the Building Department from Foss Ford of Liberal in the amount of $15,350.00. The next meeting of the Liberal City Commission is set for October 13, 2009.

© Copyright KSCB News
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Monday School Closings and Delays- no school at Tyrone, Meade, Plains/Kismet, Turpin,Sublette, Forgan, Goodwell, Stanton County, Rolla, and SCCC/ATS
LHS Freshman Passes Away After Long Battle With Cancer
Car Crashes into Semi West of Plains
Local Middle and High Schools Students Honored With Closing Reception
LHS Hosts Homecoming with a Pink Theme Saturday
Kansas Teacher Of the Year (KTOY) 2015 Team In Liberal
Liquor Bill Passes Committee
College Goal Sunday has been cancelled today due to weather. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
Saturday's High School Basketball Scores
Bullpen Blows Leads and Midland Sweeps Seward
Click Here For All Stories

LATEST STORIES
Borjas Advances to Semis
Liberal PD: Emergency Accident Reporting in Force
Kansas Tax Collections Up $22 Million
Legislative Brownbag Luncheon Set For Monday
Sale of 7th and Western Properties Finalized
Redskins Hold On to Beat Dodge City
Lady Skins Struggle to Score in DC Loss
Thursday's Scores
LHS Wrestling Interviews  
No School Friday at USD 210 Hugoton and 209 Moscow While Meade and Satanta School Run Two Hours Late
Click Here For All Stories
Click Here for KSCB Talk Radio 1270 am
Click Here for B107.5
Click Here for The Legend 102.7
click Here for ozzBlog
Click Here for the Emergency Alert Hanbook

©2015 Seward County Broadcasting Company, Inc.
1410 N. Western Ave. Liberal, KS 67901

Emergency Alert System | EEO Public Report Form | The Public and Broadcasting

Powered by Radio Media Group