Seward County Extension is bringing the “Maintain Don’t Gain! Holiday Challenge” weight-maintenance program to our community!
This simple 6 week program is designed to get folks through the holiday season with minimal weight gain.
Here’s how it works:
- Participants sign a pledge not to gain more than two pounds over their starting weight. They weigh-in before Thanksgiving, again mid-December and after New Years.
- Weigh-in can take place at the Extension Office or at your workplace or home as long as a witness verifies the weigh-ins and the same balanced scale is used each time.
- A $5 fee is charged and prizes of two $50 Liberal Chamber Bucks are awarded at the end of the challenge from a drawing of those who complete all three weigh-in’s.
- Motivational e-mails are sent to participants throughout the challenge period.
The Holiday Promise Pledge form (or Offsite Affidavit) along with the $5 registration fee must be returned to the Seward County Extension Office, 1081 Stadium Road, Liberal KS no later than Nov. 23rd at 4:30 pm. Make checks payable to Seward County Extension. Sorry, no credit cards can be accepted.
Don’t delay the first weigh-in will be the week of November 14 – 18 and 21 – 23!
For more information contact:
Family Consumer Sciences/4-H Agent Seward County
K-State Research and Extension
1081 Stadium Rd., Liberal KS 67901
(620) 624-5604 Office, (620) 624-0742 Fax