Liberal, KS

Now: 81 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 81 °F | Lo: 60 °F

Wednesday

Hi: 89 °F 

Lo: 64 °F

Thursday

Hi: 94 °F 

Lo: 67 °F

Friday

Hi: 95 °F 

Lo: 67 °F

Saturday

Hi: 96 °F 

Lo: 70 °F

Sunday

Hi: 95 °F 

Lo: 65 °F

Gas Leak Cause Of Sublette House Explosion and Fire

KSCB News - January 20, 2012 8:38 am

A gas leak caused by an unknown ignition was the cause of a house explosion and fire that destroyed a Sublette home and caused serious injuries on the morning of Jan. 8.

Kansas State Fire Marshal Chief Special Agent Rose Rozmiarek said that there was no further information on the exact ignition cause, but she confirmed that there was a gas leak involved in the incident.

Glenda Thorton has been upgraded from critical to serious condition after being taken to Via Christi St. Francis Hospital, Wichita, following the incident. She was one of seven people involved in the fire and one of four taken to the Wichita hospital for injuries.

Jordan Porter, Kate Barajas and William Barlow were no longer on the hospital register after being admitted in fair condition.

John Lunblade, Peggy Lunblade and Tyson Lunblade also were in the house at the time of the explosion but were not taken to the hospital.

Read more: http://www.gctelegram.com/news/Sublette-Fire-followup-1-20-12#ixzz1k0d81wVc

 

Latest Stories

City Commission meets and approved purchase of equipment for Police Dept.

During their regular meeting last night the Liberal City Commission disussed and approved several item from...

Liberal Man Involved in Fatality Accident on US 412

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports at approximately 11:28 am a fatality accident involving a Mercury grand...

Sen. Moran’s Staff to Hold Open Office Hours in Seward County

A member of U.S. Senator Jerry Moran’s (R-Kan.) staff will be in Liberal to hold open...