Seward County Commission Meets, Approves Lease Renewal for the Event Center
Joe Denoyer - October 19, 2020 8:17 pm
The Seward County Commission met Monday evening and approved a request for Facility Fee Waiver for Girl Scout Registration Night to be held October 29, and approved all 5 applicants to the Seward County Fair Board for a 1 year term. Appointed to the Board was Amanda Kolb, Rosa Conley, Mary Rose, Marsha Mosburg, and Victoria Cardoza.
Commissioners approved a trade in of a 1998 Mack Semi from the Road and Bridge Department for a 2015 Freighliner. Cost minus trade in will be $33,900.00.
After a presentation and discussion, the Commission approved the waiver request submitted by CMS Electrical Cooperative INC. to allow an Agricultural lot-split resulting in the creation of a lot that is 2.06 acres. The Seward County Planning Commission previously voted unanimously the commission approve the waiver. Commissioners the approved a Conditional Use application submitted by CMS Electrical Cooperative INC. to allow for construction and operation of an Electrical Substation on the same 2.06-acre tract in unincorporated Seward County.
The Commission approved CARES Act household and business grants in an added item.
Also approved were the purchase of three new printers from Century Technologies and put them under an annual service contract to keep them running at the best level of performance. These printers will be utilized in the Investigations Department, Administrative Assistant’s Office and the Treasurers Office.
The Airport lease renewal agreement was approved by the Board of County Commissioners for the Event Center. Changes include:
- The date of the lease has been changed to January 1, 2020.
- The rental amount has increased. All the Airport leases are increased across the board by 10% every ten years.
- The language regarding the security deposit has been revised.
- The language has been updated regarding weed control.
- The language has been added regarding the consumption of alcohol on City Airport property.
- The language has been added regarding animals at large.
- The language has been added regarding land purchase.
A gathering size exemption for the Ducks Unlimited Banquet was approved for their event to 150 people and the Event Center capacity was moved to 500 people in the main hall from 228, and meeting rooms to 20 individuals from 7.