Required Kitchen System Saves Guymon Restaurant

Joe Denoyer - January 26, 2022 1:36 pm

At 12:15am Wednesday morning, a motorist passing by La Hacienda Mexican Grill at 634 NE. Hwy 54 reported to 911 of smoke coming from the roof. Guymon Fire Firefighters immediately responded finding a working structure fire.

Firefighters made forcible entry to find an active kitchen fire”, said Guymon Fire Chief Grant Wadley. Fire started in the area of the restaurant’s kitchen grills. Once the fire became large enough and hot enough it activated the restaurant’s required automatic extinguishing system in the kitchen. Within minutes of Guymon Firefighters getting into the building the fire was completely extinguished. The restaurant sustained heavy smoke and water damage throughout the kitchen area. Estimated $15,000 of damage occurred.

Firefighters remained on scene for 1 hour with no injuries reported.

Guymon Fire Department was assisted by Guymon Police, City of Guymon Utilities, and Tri-County Electric.

 

Latest Stories

Guymon Superintendent Rhoades Resigns

The Guymon Public Schools Board of Education would like to announce that Angela Rhoades, Guymon Public...

Click It or Ticket is Just Ahead

Just make it click. The instant you buckle up before driving or riding in the front...

Sens. Moran, Marshall Announce 23 Grants for Kansas Airports, Liberal Receives $570,000

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Jerry Moran (Kan.) and Roger Marshall, M.D. today announced 23 U.S. Department...

 
KSCB Radio News