Liberal Firefighters Respond To National Beef
KSCB News - January 17, 2012 12:03 pm
At 10:27 pm on Sunday January 15 th , the Liberal Fire Department responded to a report of a building fire at the National Beef load out facility. First arriving units confirmed smoke in the building and were advised that fire was present on multiple levels of the carousel equipment inside the building. Facility employees had kept the fire in check and mostly extinguished it was the aid of portable extinguishers. Firefighters extinguished a small amount of fire with hand lines and searched for additional fire extension. The cause of the fire was determined to be sparks from a welding operation. The fire was declared out at 11:20 pm. Two employees from the facility were transported to SWMC as a precautionary measure after being exposed to smoke from the fire. Fire units remained on scene until 1:06 am to monitor and assist facility personnel with ventilation of the remaining smoke from the building. The Liberal Fire Department responded with 2 engines, 1 aerial platform and 21 personnel. Also responding to assist with the incident were the Liberal Police Department, Seward County EMS and Fire Departments.