KDHE Amends Travel Quarantine List, State of Colorado Removed, Specific Colorado Counties Added
Joe Denoyer - May 10, 2021 4:54 pm
KDHE amends travel quarantine list
State of Colorado removed, specific Colorado counties added
TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has amended its travel quarantine list to remove the state of Colorado but has added more than 20 Colorado counties to the list, effective as of May 6. Those counties are listed below.
“We recognize that adding Colorado to the quarantine list presented challenges to those living in the border communities,” said Dr. Lee Norman, KDHE Secretary, said. “As such we looked at all of the Colorado counties individually and added those core counties that were 3x higher than the rate of Kansas.”
A comprehensive list of those individuals needing to quarantine includes visitors and Kansans who have:
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the Colorado counties of: Adams, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Bent, Chaffee, Conejos, Crowley, City and County of Denver, Douglas, Elbert, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Lake, Larimer, Park, Phillips, Pueblo, Rio Blanco, San Juan, Teller and Weld.
- Traveled on or after May 6 to the countries of Cabo Verde, India, Maldives and Seychelles.
- Traveled on or after April 22 to Minnesota or the countries of Argentina, Bahrain, Croatia, Cyprus, Sweden and Turkey.
- Traveled on or after April 8 to Pennsylvania or the country of Uruguay.
- Traveled on or after March 26 to Delaware, Michigan or Rhode Island.
- Traveled on or after March 12 to the country of State of Palestine.
- Traveled between April 22 and May 6 to Aruba or France.
- Traveled between April 8 and May 6 to Andorra, Bermuda, Curacao, Poland or Serbia.
- Traveled between March 26 and May 6 to Hungary.
- Traveled between March 12 and May 6 to New Jersey or New York.
- Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) and wear a mask.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020.
The travel quarantine period is seven days with a negative test result or 10 days without testing, with release from quarantine on Day 8 and Day 11, respectively. Further information on quarantine periods can be found on KDHE’s website.