Liberal, KS

Now: 99 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 99 °F | Lo: 64 °F

Sunday

Hi: 96 °F 

Lo: 66 °F

Monday

Hi: 103 °F 

Lo: 72 °F

Tuesday

Hi: 98 °F 

Lo: 70 °F

Wednesday

Hi: 93 °F 

Lo: 65 °F

Thursday

Hi: 91 °F 

Lo: 67 °F

Fire Deaths Due To Electrical Malfunction

KSCB News - January 23, 2013 8:13 am

Dodge City fire officials say a blaze that killed a woman and child two days after Christmas was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Fire Capt. Ken Spencer said the fire Dec. 27 fire began in an area where a space heater was plugged into an extension cord running behind a couch. the home did not have any fire alarms.

Fifty-one-year-old Luz Maria Conejo and 2-year-old Pablo Antonio Coca-Conejo died of smoke inhalation in the fire. Four people were able to escape the blaze.

 

Latest Stories

Stop on Red Kids Ahead

Kansas education officials are expressing concern that many motorists are ignoring a state law that requires...

Broadcast Square audio archives August 5 to 16, 2019

Two weeks of Broadcast Square:  You can listen to archived Broadcast Square audio from the week...

Tyson Officials Determine Cause of Fire

MEAT PROCESSING PLANT-FIRE Tyson officials say welding spark likely caused Holcomb fire (Information from: KWCH-TV, http://www.kwch.com/)...