Liberal, KS

Now: 65 °

Currently: Rain

Hi: 80 ° | Lo: 63 °

Fire At Guymon Laundromat

KSCB News - June 4, 2009 12:00 am

Guymon Fire Department responded to an emergency call at 11:17 a.m yesterday morning. regarding smoke coming from a drying unit at the Sudz Your Dudz laundromat in Guymon. Firefighters saw light smoke through the front window and the party reported the smoke was coming from a dryer.

The Guymon Fire Department reported the cause was electrical that caught lint in its’ vicinity on fire. “The fire was contained inside a dryer but where the vent came out, there was flame damage to the wall and the dryer unit was a complete loss,” said Grant Wadley, Assistant Fire Chief. “Firefighters were able to disconnect the electrical portions of the dryer and remove it completely out of the building and we were able to keep the business running.”

The Guymon Fire Department and Guymon Police Department were on scene to handle the incident

 

Latest Stories

17 Year Old Injured In Accident

A two vehicle crash occurred on Monday afternoon at approximately 3:07 pm, 4 miles West of...

480 School Board Invites Community to Celebration at Bee Jay Game Friday Night

As a school district and community we have so many things to be proud of from...

City’s not-for-profit applications available

Applications for Not-for-Profit Funding requests for the 2025 budget year are available at City Hall, located...

 
KSCB Radio News