Liberal, KS

Now: 72 °F

Currently: Fair

Hi: 85 °F | Lo: 54 °F

Monday

Hi: 89 °F 

Lo: 57 °F

Tuesday

Hi: 69 °F 

Lo: 50 °F

Wednesday

Hi: 69 °F 

Lo: 49 °F

Thursday

Hi: 80 °F 

Lo: 51 °F

Friday

Hi: 80 °F 

Lo: 58 °F

3 Hospitalized in Perryton from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Joe Denoyer - August 24, 2017 8:55 pm

PERRYTON, TX (KFDA) –
Three people were taken to the hospital and many more sought medical help following a carbon monoxide leak at a Perryton hotel this morning.

The Perryton Fire Department says substantial levels of the gas were detected in part of the Best Western.

This discovery comes after several guests reported that they felt sick.

Two people were transported to Amarillo where they are now being treated.

The City of Perryton Utilities Department was able to track the leak to an appliance on the west side of the hotel.

Gas has been shut off and the hotel is currently closed.

 

 

Latest Stories

Liberal Police Respond to Non-Injury Accident

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at approximately 1:30 p.m., emergency responders were dispatched to the unit...

Hugoton Middle School Student Diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis

HUGOTON, Kan. (KWCH) A Hugoton Middle School student has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. In an...

West Nile Virus Confirmed in Horses in Kansas, Seward County

The Kansas Department of Agriculture Division of Animal Health has received notification of multiple confirmed cases...