Animal Caretaker – Rolla, KS
August 22, 2019 4:22 pm
Company: Seaboard Foods
Address: 301 8th Street
Location: Rolla, KS
Phone Number: 620-593-1500
Email: [email protected]
Job Position: Full Time
SUMMARY: Animal caretakers are responsible for attending to and caring for pigs in our swine production facilities. On-the-job training is provided; related experience is not necessary.
- Monitoring feed quality and water supply
- Monitoring barn environment and ventilation systems
- Treating and vaccinating sick animals as necessary
- Breeding sows (if placed on sow farm)
- Processing piglets (if placed on sow farm)
- Loading and unloading pigs as scheduled
- Maintaining farm cleanliness
- Pay ranges from $12.50 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience
- Work 45+ hours per week
- Insurance including medical, vision, dental, prescription drugs and life insurance — starts after 90 days
- 401K retirement program
- 5 days (after 60 days of service)
- 10 days (after 1 year of service)
- 10 days (after 2 years of service)
- 15 days (after 10+ years of service)
- Holidays – 8 paid holidays after 90 days employment
- Referral Bonus — $1,000 for each referred hire (if employee and referred hire are both active after 6 months)
- Assistance with locating housing
- On-the-Job training with advancement opportunities
- No education or experience required.
- Basic math skills
- Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful, but not required
- Must be able to work in farm environment
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.