Seward County Roofer Penalized by KS Atty General
Joe Denoyer - April 16, 2018 10:09 am
Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announced he has entered into consent judgments with eight roofing contractors for violations of the KRRA. The settlements require the contractors to pay civil penalties for KRRA violations. They also require the contractors to comply with the KRRA when providing roofing services in the future. The eight roofing contractors fined are:
· Octavio Arredondo dba J&A Roofing, Seward County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-47
· Andrew Conklin, dba Andy’s Exterior Solutions, Leavenworth County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-86
· Frontline Roofing, LLC, Johnson County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-1632
· Gary Glacken, dba GTL Construction, Geary County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-64
· Neal Property Management, LLC, Sedgwick County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-706-OT
· James Ryan dba James Ryan Remodeling, Shawnee County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-276
· Gabriel Sanchez, dba Sanchez Construction LLC, dba Sanchez Construction GZ, Inc., Riley County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-46
· Randy L. Smith, Reece L. Smith, dba Smith Construction, Cloud County District Court, Case No. 2018-CV-15
In each case, Schmidt alleged the defendants engaged in advertising, soliciting or performing roofing contractor services in Kansas without registering with the attorney general’s office as required by the KRRA. Copies of the consent judgments are available at www.ag.ks.gov/roofer-enforcement.
Schmidt reminded consumers to make sure roofing contractors are properly registered before signing any contract or having any work done. Consumers should request a copy of their roofer’s registration certificate and then should check the attorney general’s consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org to confirm that the roofer’s registration is in good standing.