Current Situation as of May 6, 2009:
• Two cases involving two adults residing in the same household in Dickinson County. Neither of the patients was hospitalized. One of the patients had recently traveled to Mexico.
• One case involving an adult who is a Texas resident but is visiting Johnson County. The patient has not been hospitalized.
• One case involving a child in Sedgwick County who traveled out-of-state to an area of known transmission where he/she was presumably exposed to the virus. One case involving a child in Wyandotte County. The patient was hospitalized, but has since been discharged and has fully recovered. The child is not known to have recently traveled away from the Kansas City metro area or have come into contact with anyone who had been to an area known to be affected by the epidemic.
• One case involving an adult in Wyandotte County. No additional details are available at this time.
• One case involving a child in Wyandotte County. No additional details are available at this time.
• One case involving an adult in Johnson County with travel to Mexico. The patient is currently hospitalized.
The Seward County Health Department (SCHD), Southwest Medical Center (SWMC) and Emergency Management in Liberal are being continuously updated and provided with information about this matter. These three entities are collaborating along with local Physician offices to maintain the health of our community. SWMC Laboratory has run a total of 25 Influenza tests since Sunday, April 26th with all results being negative for the Influenza A virus.