Here are several questions regarding the One Cent Sales Tax? Voters will determine whether to keep the One Cent Sales Tax on Tuesday.
1. Who pays the One Cent Sales Tax?
Answer: Everyone who shops in Liberal.
2. What are the proposed One Cent Sales Tax Expenditures?
Answer: Capital improvements (streets and drainage), crime prevention, housing, economic development, and beautification.
3. Is this an increase to our current sales tax rate?
4. What if there is no One Cent Sales Tax?
Answer: If city continues with current programs and improvements, it could mean a need for a property tax increase.
5. Will there be a public vote on a recreation center if the One Cent Sales Tax passes?
Answer: Yes, the election would come in early May.