The 2010 Gas Measurement Institute in Liberal KS is an opportunity to learn about new technologies and products. You can participate in Hands-On Classes with recognized industry experts; you will be able to interact with others in your profession and discover solutions to common problems. You will want to make good use of your time and attend the Gas Measurement Institute.
The 2010 keynote speaker will be Mr. Charles Wait of Southern Union Gas, Houston TX. His topic, Current & Upcoming Air Regulations, will be very timely.. This is your chance to get first hand information of what the government has in store for your operation. Mr. Wait is well qualified to speak on this subject; He graduated from Texas A&M University with a BS in Mechanical Engineering; he has been with various forms of Southern Union Company for over 20 years spending the last 15 years as an air compliance engineer. Recently, Charles was promoted to the position of Director, Climate Change. He is active in the Compressor and Pump Station Technical Committee of Pipeline Research Council International (PRCI) and formerly served as Chair of two Interstate Natural Gas Association of America (INGAA) work groups; the NSPS/MACT and the NOX SIP Call Work Group.
In addition to the timely Keynote, individual Classroom topics this year include:
• Trench Safety Certification—Excavation Safety—Additional certification fee: $150 plus registration fee
• Kansas Compliance/MACT Update
• Line Locating--A “Hands On” class.
• Fisher ROC—Basic and Advanced—Students need to bring their laptop and communications cable
• ABB Total Flow/WINCCU
• DP Flow Transmitters
• GE MDS Non-Licensed and Licensed Radio—Attendees need to bring their laptop
• Rotary Meters
• Freewave Non-Licensed Radio—Attendees need to bring their laptop.
• Chart Recorders
• Coriolis Flow Measurement
• Valve Maintenance
• Rectifiers for Dummies
• Fisher Control Valves and Regulators
• Overview of Cathodic Protection: Trials and Errors
(For class descriptions or more information, go to www.liberalgasinstitute.com)
Registration is $75 on or before Aug. 25th - $85 after Aug.25th
Register online at www.liberalgasinstitute.com or by faxing 620-417-1179. For more information, call 620-417-1170.