Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Monday, 01 September 2014
Login |  Register 
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
 
KSCB Radio News US National Business Health & Science Political World Sports Top NPR Headlines Sports
Fire In Guymon Started By Faulty Wiring in Chair
09/01/2010

Miranda Fleming/GDH

A neighborhood, in the 1200 block of North Oklahoma, in Guymon, was awakened around 8 a.m. by the sound of sirens.

A normally quite street, the commotion brought neighbors quickly outside. Smoke noticeably filled the air on the north end of the block.

The fire apparently started from a medical lift chair, possibly due to faulty electrical wiring in the chair. The resident was reportedly sitting in the chair and felt it getting hot. She quickly left the house and called 911.

According to Assistant Fire Chief, Dean McFadden, "There was heavy smoke upon arrival."

Emergency personnel blocked off the street as firefighters entered the residence with the hose.

McFadden said, "We did an aggressive interior attack and got it knocked down pretty quick."

Firefighters removed what was left of the charred lift chair from the house and into the front yard.

McFadden reported that there was not a lot of fire damage, however, there was smoke damage through out the whole house.

No injuries were reported.

© Copyright Guymon Daily Herald
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Russell Hasenbank Gets County Attorney Nod
Local Director Sets Auditions For Seventh Movie
Hugoton Brings in Old New Guy  
Hugoton FFA Chapter Attends State Conference for Chapter Leaders
No Child Left Behind: Kansas Gets Waiver, Oklahoma Loses Theirs
Murdock To Replace Blackwell In Oklahomas 61st District
Liberal City Commission Meets, Approves Taxiway Improvements
Sublette Looks to Kraft More Wins in 2014  
2014 Community Health Fair set for Oct. 4
A Makeover in Meade  
Click Here For All Stories

LATEST STORIES
Seward Spikers Split in Vernon
Action Begins in First Week of September at LHS
Hugoton Schools Receives Special Innovative District Status
No Child Left Behind: Kansas Gets Waiver, Oklahoma Loses Theirs
Sublette Looks to Kraft More Wins in 2014  
Adult Raku Ceramics Workshop At Baker Arts Center
Saints Roll Barton in the Opener
2014 Community Health Fair set for Oct. 4
Seward County United Way kicks off 2015 Campaign
AirFair Volunteer Meeting Postponed
Click Here For All Stories
Click Here for KSCB Talk Radio 1270 am
Click Here for B107.5
Click Here for The Legend 102.7
click Here for ozzBlog
Click Here for the Emergency Alert Hanbook

©2014 Seward County Broadcasting Company, Inc.
1410 N. Western Ave. Liberal, KS 67901

Emergency Alert System | EEO Public Report Form | The Public and Broadcasting

Powered by Radio Media Group