For the second time in school history and the first time since 2007, the Seward tennis teams both qualify for nationals. Both teams qualified based on their play in Saturday's Region 6 Tournament in Wichita. Here is a summation of Seward's performance Saturday.
1) Qualified for the 2010 National Tennis Tournament in Plano, TX
2) 3rd time in school history (06, 07, 10)
3) Fernando Soni finished in second place in the singles draw
4) Tournament starts May 10 through May 14
5) Current National Ranking of 10th
1) Qualified for the 2010 National Tennis Tournament in Tucson, AZ
2) 4th straight year to qualify
3) Fanny Benincasa finished second in the top singles draw
4) Tournament starts May 2 through May 5th
5) Current National Ranking of 18th
Head coach Darin Workman will be a guest during the Sportsguys Tuesday morning on Talkradio 1270 and kscbnews.net.