Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Tuesday, 21 October 2014
Login |  Register 
 
Find Products or Services in your local community
 
KSCB Radio News US National Business Health & Science Political World Sports Top NPR Headlines Sports National Headlines
Electrical Fire Causes Afternoon Emergency Response In Guymon
12/22/2009

Guymon Firefighters responded to 911 reports of smoke coming from a home at 1707 N. James at 4:43pm Monday afternoon. "On Firefighters arrival, they found heavy smoke conditions coming from the eaves and vent covers on the roof", said Assistant Chief Grant Wadley. Firefighters quickly recognized the fire was located in the attic space of the home then began searching for and extinguishing the fire immediately.

Home owners, Francisco and Eva Montelongo, were home at the time preparing food for an evening Christmas dinner with friends. Interviews and fire investigation found that a short in electrical wiring located in the attic underneath an area of insulation was the cause of the fire. Fire spread into the insulation, wall and ceiling supports, and through heating and air ducts. "Fire and water damage was confined to the ceiling and attic areas in a hallway and kitchen of the home", Wadley said. Damage from the fire, smoke, and water is estimated at $10,000. The family Christmas presents and other important family items were located and saved from any damage by Firefighters early in the incident.

Guymon Fire Department responded with 3 fire units, 1 Paramedic unit, and 20 firefighters. Also assisting at the scene during the incident was the Guymon Police Department, Guymon Emergency Management, Local Red Cross, Tri-County Electric, and City of Guymon Gas & Water department.

© Copyright KSCB News
You will need to be logged in to leave a comment.
Please Login

characters left

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
Click here to review our Terms of Use.



MOST VIEWED STORIES
Arrest Made In Death After Altercation At National Beef
Huge Demethanizer Transport Making It's Way Through Liberal
U.S. Energy Secretary Lauds Abengoa in Hugoton
Liberal City Commission Meets, Says Goodbye To Retiring Firefighter
Four LHS Girls Qualify for State Golf
Correction:Brownback To Make A Stop In Liberal
480 Board Announces Names for New Schools
Hugoton One of Three Innovative School Districts in Kansas
Friday's Scores
Folk Concert Coming To SCCC/ATS
Click Here For All Stories

LATEST STORIES
Hutch Continues their Conference Dominance in Volleyball
Four LHS Girls Compete at State
Great Bend Dampens Liberal's WAC Title Hopes
480 Board Announces Names for New Schools
Saints Squeeze Past Dodge
Advance Voting Begins in Seward County
Aggies Grind Out Fifth Victory
Redskins Win North Cup
Huge Demethanizer Transport Making It's Way Through Liberal
Eat at Spencer Browne's Coffee Shop on Oct. 20 for United Way
Click Here For All Stories
Click Here for KSCB Talk Radio 1270 am
Click Here for B107.5
Click Here for The Legend 102.7
click Here for ozzBlog
Click Here for the Emergency Alert Hanbook

©2014 Seward County Broadcasting Company, Inc.
1410 N. Western Ave. Liberal, KS 67901

Emergency Alert System | EEO Public Report Form | The Public and Broadcasting

Powered by Radio Media Group