At 10:55 am Wednesday morning the Liberal Fire Department responded to a reported residential structure fire at 904 W. 2nd St. First arriving units found heavy smoke from the residence with fire venting from a kitchen window in the rear. The fire was extinguished and declared under control at 11:07 am. An adult female and infant child were home at the time of the fire. Both escaped without injury. The first floor of the residence sustained heavy fire and heat damage and the basement suffered smoke and water damage. Investigation determined the cause of the fire to be overheated cooking oil on the stove top. The LFD response included two engines and fifteen personnel. Also assisting at the scene were Liberal Police Department, Seward County EMS & Sheriff Departments and Liberal American Red Cross. Fire units remained on scene until 12:17 pm conducting overhaul operations and fire investigation.