Feed Mill Operator – Leoti, KS
August 22, 2019 3:29 pm
Company: Seaboard Foods
Address: 215 N 4th Street
Location: Leoti, KS
Phone Number: 620-375-4431
Email: [email protected]
Job Position: Full Time
SUMMARY: Learns the flow of all materials, in-coming and out-going at the mill. Assist all operators of different areas of the mill in housekeeping. Unloads bagged ingredients off trucks at warehouse and learns the paperwork and follows procedures established in the areas. This person must be proficient and willing to perform at least one operator position of the mill (scalehouse/receiving, control room, feed loadout), as well as housekeeping, inventory control, and quality control.
- Learn the material process flow, incoming and out-going.
- Cross-train in other areas of production/maintenance at the mill.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all areas of the mill and the grounds adjacent the plant.
- Receive and account for bagged ingredients into the warehouse.
- Prepare and process bagged ingredients for the control room operators to meet production requirements.
- Process necessary paperwork and learn to account for items using computer skills as needed and follow procedures established to insure proper material flow.
- Understand and follow safety rules and be able to wear proper PPE.
- High school graduate or GED preferred; Level 1 two or more year’s experience; Level 2 and 3 – three or more year’s experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and understand inventory record keeping requirements in English.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.