Seward County Custodian – Maintenance Department
May 9, 2019 3:14 pm
Company: Seward County
Address: 515 N. Washington
Location: Liberal, KS
Email: [email protected]
Job Position: Full Time
Custodian – Maintenance Department
The Custodian position is responsible for the custodial needs of Seward County. A substantial amount of time is spent inside.
This position reports to the Supervisor Foreman of the Maintenance Department.
- Maintains and unlocks entrances to buildings in the morning and secures buildings in the evenings
- Empties all waste baskets, takes trash to dumpster
- Help setup up for special events and clean up afterwards
- Cleans and maintains restrooms and replenishes supplies daily
- Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes and polishes floors (when necessary)
- Dusts, vacuums and cleans offices or other work areas
- Washes walls and windows
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of cleaning materials and supplies
- Maintains the Custodian’s Office and Supply Room in a neat and orderly condition
- Follows departmental safety policies and procedures
- Maintains an attitude of outstanding customer service
- Must maintain customer and/or client confidentiality when working in areas that require such confidentiality (i.e. health department and district court)
- Moves office supplies, boxes, crates and equipment, when necessary
- Removes stains from surfaces, such as rugs, walls and floors using chemicals and other cleaning solutions
Education High School Diploma or GED required Work Experience Minimum of six (6) to one (1) year of similar or related experience in custodial work. Three to Five (3-5) years’ experience preferred. Computer Skills Knowledge of computer concepts and applications a plus. Licenses/Certifications no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
Work Hours 40 Hour Work Week – Full Time; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; hours may vary Evening/Week-Ends As necessary Work Environment General indoor environment.
Physical Requirements The work of the Custodian position is a highly responsible position which requires mental acuity. The Custodian will be required to do complicated tasks, sit for an hour or more, speak, hear, stand, walk, balance, stoop, squat, bend, and/or kneel. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. May be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. At the discretion of Seward County, a Background Check may be made. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Background Check.