Feed Mill Maintenance Technician – Leoti, KS
August 22, 2019 3:33 pm
Company: Seaboard Foods
Address: 215 N 4th Street
Location: Leoti, KS
Phone Number: 620-375-4431
Email: [email protected]
Job Position: Full Time
SUMMARY: Assists in maintenance activities as well as grounds maintenance. Learn the flow of materials at the mill and develop a basic understanding of operations of all areas of the feedmill.
RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Learn the flow of all materials, incoming and outgoing, develop a basic understanding of operations of all areas of the feedmill.
- Must be able to learn the computer controls for all areas.
- Effectively use any means at his/her disposal to upgrade, modernize and utilize any improvements to bettermanage maintenance, and not interrupt production.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or GED preferred; two or more years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret machinery specifications. Abilities to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and management in English.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must be able to calculate using basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- OTHER SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, and LICENSES: Moderate knowledge of the following is necessary: pneumatics and air cylinders, material flow control devices (turnheads, k-valves, y-valves), air compressors and compressed air moisture removal equipment. Belt conveyors and tracking of same, drag conveyors, bucket elevators (legs), air vibrators, electric motor and bearing lubrication, and the use of calipers. PLC, VFD and Softstart knowledge is also required. Must be able to critically align motors to input shafts, know how to use torque wrenches and torque multipliers, basic HVAC maintenance, plumbing and woodworking skills. Must be able to safely perform basic electrical troubleshooting, form 110 volt to 480 volt motor voltage. Must be able to lay out and fabricate metal work (transitions). Must possess a current valid driver’s license and an acceptable MVR.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.