Teresa Marie Martinez, 48, of Kismet, KS, died Monday, January 30, 2012, at Southwest Medical Center, in Liberal, KS.
She was born January 25, 1964, at Rocky Ford, CO, the daughter of Jose and Rosa (Casias) Torres.
She was employed by U.S.D. 483, and was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, in Plains.
On April 1, 1982, she married Damian Martinez, at Las Animas, CO. He survives.
Other survivors include
• Esteban Martinez, of Kismet, KS
• Guadalupe Contreras, of Plains, KS
• Adriana Perez, of Kismet, KS
• Angelica Martinez, of Arnett, OK
• Anna Martinez, of Kismet, KS
• Raymond Torres, of Plains, KS
• Manuel Torres, of Plains, KS
• Paul Torres, of Plains, KS
• Francis Haber, of Plains, KS
• Josephine Madina, of Phoenix, AZ
• Elsie Troncoso, of Tampa, FL
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Vigil and Rosary will be held 7:00 p.m. Thursday, February 2, at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Plains.
Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 3, at St. Patrick Catholic Church, with Fr. Jim Dieker, officiating. Burial will be at Kismet Cemetery Kismet, KS.
Visitation time will be 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., Wednesday, and 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Thursday, at Brenneman Funeral Home.
Memorial Contributions may be sent to the Teresa Martinez Memorial Fund, in care of Brenneman Funeral Home, 1212 W. 2nd, Liberal, KS 67901
Condolences also may be sent to the family at www.brennemanfuneralhome.com